Hey Laura May. How was your day? Was it okay?


------------>Photo Journalism Portfolio

My Official Web Site<----------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------->ROBOT GIRL MUSIC

VIDEO SHORTS By. Robot GIRL<---------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------->More photos

---------->Oshkosh Music Scene blog I created in college

------------------------->A Web Site I built for School

Sunday, August 13, 2006

 

Sunday BeeBopBalooBap



After a 14-hour work day I got to get up and shoot a triathalon at 7 a.m. I also shot the last day of the Winnebago County fair and UWO football practice. I am in desperate need of a massage.

The Oshkosh triathalon had an excellent attendance considering it is only in its second year. I love sitting by the finish line of races because people will scream and cheer runners to push it hard all the way until the finish. I used to get embarassed by telling my friends that I run but running is such a mental sport.

An example could be what I saw today.

A man screams at a woman who is on the race course. The finish line is about 100 meters away and she is walking and looks like she has nearly given up. The man yells at the woman "Finish the race!! The end is right there!! Don't Walk--Run!!!"
To the stereotypical artsy anti-athlete, I'm sure this could be interpreted as some type oc cruel fascist act, like, how dare a guy yell at a woman and tell her she should "try harder". The woman continues to walk and the man keeps on persisting that she should finish the race as hard as she started. He even goes out of his way to give her a little pat on the back to nudge her along. Guess what. She laughed, picked up her pace, and ran to the finish line. The body's strength lies so much in the mind. The persitence and support of others only makes it stronger.

I love running

Archives

August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   February 2007   March 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   June 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?