Hey Laura May. How was your day? Was it okay?


------------>Photo Journalism Portfolio

My Official Web Site<----------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------->ROBOT GIRL MUSIC

VIDEO SHORTS By. Robot GIRL<---------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------->More photos

---------->Oshkosh Music Scene blog I created in college

------------------------->A Web Site I built for School

Monday, July 30, 2007

 

Gary Coll

Gary Coll is crazy, old and hyper journalism professor who taught at UW-Oshkosh. He retired last semester. He never failed on using the most abstract examples which usually never made any sense and were often hilarious! I typed these from quotes I wrote down in the margins in my old notebook.


Quotes taken from Law of Mass Media. Fall Semester 2006 at UW-Oshkosh.
__________________________


________________________


(The first day of class)

Student:
Did your friend really write the book?

Coll:
Yeah, sure. He's my friend I guess.Okay, well, I wrote the book. The good Gary Coll wrote the book. The bad Gary Coll is what you have standing here.

(The first day of class )

As the class goes on, the sun will be getting closer to the equator and towards the end of the semester the sun will be coming back up. I look at this as kind of a metaphor for this class. We can only go downhill from here, and when it's almost done, then we'll be going back up.


Sept.11
When do you want to drain the swamp? When you are butt deep in alligators.

Sept.15
Who's going to protect you–Ghostbusters? No. The Supreme court will protect you!

Sept.15
I'm a druid. I've become a druid upon coming to college.

Sept. 20
A bad tendency of dancing is that it leads to sex.

Sept. 20
I yell at the television, that's how I get through life. My wife, she doesn't like it. She's like government. She can do several things. She can ignore it. She could stop me from saying it. She could get could get out the shotgun and blow out the tv.

Oct.4
What is this fly doing in my soup? The backstroke I think.

(Some day in October)
Greg Jones was stupid and dropped a vat of acid on himself.

Oct.25 (on discussion of illegal aliens in the US)
What if alien children start walking around? What if a child was born with the head of a duck?

Oct 24
What was Elvis in the end? A bloated druggy.

Nov.20
If you were half a class, you'd save up enough money and get me a Botox injection.

Dec. 4
You go to the store and what do you buy? Cheerios? Or do you buy the store brand. Storios?

Archives

August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   February 2007   March 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   June 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?